WINTER SALE NOW ON – 20% OFF OUR FULL RANGE OF WINDOWS AND DOORS
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited via the Website and all of our services. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited, we or us: PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited, a company incorporated in with registered number SC607297 whose registered office is at 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G24JR;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and all of our services and is not either (i) employed by PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited and accessing the Website and all of our services in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, https://www.ptglazing.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited is the “data controller”. This means that PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
Across all of our services, we may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site
- you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
when you contact us through the Website and all of our services, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website and all of our services or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited will receive Data about you due to management of services by third party services whom may use third-party services including Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, and additional Analytics tools.
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website and all of our services, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website and all of our services. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times, and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website and all of our services. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax, or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website and all of our services;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
We may use your Data to show you PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents, and/or professional advisors – To obtain advice from professional advisers and / or ensure services are correctly provided at acceptable levels;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – To help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website and services run smoothly;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website and all of our services – To enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a username.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: [email protected]
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access– the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information, we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct– the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase– the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data– the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability– the right to request that we move, copy, or transfer your Data.
- Right to object– the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling PT Glazing (Scotland) Limitedto provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act, or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Scotland. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
You may contact PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited by email at [email protected]. This policy was last updated on the 21st of July 2020.
Additional GDPR Information
When making an enquiry on this website or across any other of our services, including third party marketing agencies, you may be contacted by either PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited or the appointed marketing agency via Telephone, email, and SMS. PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited is therefore responsible for certain personal information we have about you. Each time we use or process this information we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as “controller” of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
What we collect
Via our or appointed marketing agency, online form fill we collect the following information:
- Full Name (may be separated as First Name and Last Name)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
What we do with the information we gather
We will, or our appointed marketing agency who will contact you via email, phone, and SMS to assist in understanding your requirements aligned to our services. If you do not want us, or our appointed marketing agency to contact you in either of these methods, please do not continue with filling out the social media linked forms.
As well as our appointed marketing agency, we will keep your records for internal record keeping.
We and our appointed marketing agency may use the information to improve our products and services.
We and our appointed marketing agency may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address, telephone number and SMS which you have provided.
We and our appointed marketing agency may contact you for market research purposes using the email address, telephone number and SMS which you have provided.
We and our appointed marketing agency may use the information to customise the website and our services based on your interests.
We and our appointed marketing agency may record the calls and use this information for our own internal and external use and for security. We reserve the right to use this record should a dispute arise or to send on to third parties.
If you do not wish for your details to be shared with any relevant third parties or for any of the reasons outlined above, do not continue to fill out the social media linked forms.
Controlling your personal information
If you wish to amend the details we hold on you please email us at [email protected] or write to us at PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited, 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G24JR.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will promptly investigate and make the required updates: [email protected] or write to us at PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited, 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G24JR.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like to ask for this information, please email [email protected] or write to us at PT Glazing (Scotland) Limited, 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G24JR.
If you have already submitted your details and you wish to stop receiving calls, emails and SMS, have your details amended or be removed from our database, please email [email protected] and ask for your records to be removed or amended.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have implemented suitable controls and procedures to ensure security on the information we collect.